Split stereo sound into two channels
Split a stereo sound file into its front left (FL) and front right (FR) channels.
-i input_sound_file \
-map_channel 0.a.0 \
-map_channel 0.a.1 \
- starts the command
- -i input_sound_file
- path, name and extension of the input sound file
- -map_channel 0.a.0
- grabs the left channel of a stereo sound
- path, name and extension of the output file for the left sound channel
- -map_channel 0.a.1
- grabs the right channel of a stereo sound
- path, name and extension of the output file for the right sound channel
As usual in IT, the numbering of the sound channels starts at 0, not at 1 («zero-based numbering»).
ffprobe the streams’ mapping to ensure the code is accurate, and invert the channels if needed.